For any learning to take place in a course, instructors and students each have responsibilities. These are the ones I feel are important for this course. I promise to do my best to fulfill my responsibilities. How about you?
- Let students know how grades will be determined
- Hold and attend all scheduled office hours
- Let students know about assignments and tests early in the semester
- Communicate regularly by e-mail or other communication venues within BlackBoard
- Practice fairness and consistency
- Show respect and consideration
- Meet with students at times other than office hours at an agreed-upon time and location satisfactory to the student and the instructor.
- Encourage questions and offer help to students when needed.
- Monitor student progress and notify students who are not fulfilling expectations.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all students in the course
- Know important dates
- Participate in class quizzes and the final examination at the times indicated in the syllabus and on the BlackBoard calendar
- Dedicate time necessary to complete course readings, quizzes, and other suggested materials
- Ask for help when needed
- Monitor BlackBoard for announcements and messages from instructor regularly
- Accept responsibility for learning
- Practice academic honesty in all work
- Notify instructor of emergency situations which will have an effect on student’s performance of class requirements
- Display respect and consideration